|More Journal Entries|
This group is open to cosplayers and cos-photographers who reside in Western New York ONLY. Western New York is the western most region of the state of New York. It includes the cities of Buffalo, Rochester, Niagara Falls, the surrounding suburbs, as well as the outlying rural areas of the Great Lakes lowlands, the Genesee Valley, and the Southern Tier.
Rules & Information
- All information thus forward is subject to change without notice.
- Members are limited to 3 deviations per day.
- Be sure you are either the photographer or the cosplayer in the photo.
- Candid photos aren't allowed. DeviantART is not photobucket, so unless it's a legitimate photo where it looks as though you took some time to pose the cosplayer, it will be denied.
- "Camera whoring" photos aren't allowed. Please have someone else take the photo. Tripods are ok, so keep that in mind as well.
- Confused on what is and isn't "allowed?" Help can be found in our lovely second blog here: wnycosplay.deviantart.com/jour… or at the "How to photo" tutorial here: usaginosenshi.deviantart.com/a…
- Fave suggestions are on a limit of 1 per week for members and a 1 per day for contributors.
- Featured: Reserved for contest winning photos and cosplayer spotlights.
- Anime Manga: Cosplays from anime or manga
- Video Game: Cosplays from video games
- Film: Cosplays from movies
- Television: Cosplays from television
- Other Media: Cosplays from media that doesn't belong anywhere else (IE: music, ms paint adventures, and the like)
- Comic: Cosplays from comic books or other online comic strips
- Literary: Cosplays from books
- Tutorials: Ways of making a certain item or items that you have created
How to contribute art
- Click on "submit art" on the home tab of the group and submit your photo to our gallery as well as your own like you would a normal deviation.
- Or click on "submit to this gallery" on the gallery tab of the group and chose either a new deviation (by following the step listed above) or an existing one (by choosing which deviation you'd like to upload as well as the folder to which it will be submitted. When you have chosen, click "submit.")
**Please note that a moderator must approve your contribution before it is displayed in the gallery.**
How to suggest a fave
- Click on "suggest a fav" on the favorites tab and chose a deviation you'd like to belong in our favorites. When you have chosen, click "submit."
If you don't have images to contribute then feel free to watch our group instead so you can see all the submissions, updates, events, etc. without worrying about contributing!
We also have a Facebook group created for all those events and updates you wish to follow! www.facebook.com/pages/WNYcosp… Please feel free to be social on the facebook page! Get to know each other!